Joules' sweet ecard made me realize I needed to let those reading know the results of the sonogram.
I had let myself get slightly dehydrated the evening before (didn't drink much when thirsty) so when it was time to down the 32 ounces of water I was more than ready to quench my thirst. Thought I was doing really well until five fucking minutes before I got called from the radiology waiting room into the back room. Then it hit, it's time to pee NOW!!!
Well, the radiologist had the tech do both the traditional sonogram and the dildo cam. (I just could not say that to the young tech girl!) After a lot of work I was finally able to get the girl to loosen up and snicker at my jokes. At one point I asked her if she saw any alien lifeforms, she liked that one.
The regular sonogram was actually the worse because of the terrible pressure needed to press on the full bladder to get to the uterus, et al. The fluid is needed to get the best sonogram images. Having to clench hard on the bladder muscles each time a deep press had to occur was a bit painful.
The transvaginal sonogram required a totally empty bladder. Figures. The tech had me go again in the middle of the procedure because I was filling up again. Didn't really have much to squeeze out but it was enough to mess up the pictures. Told the tech they needed to develop a diretic for instant empty bladder for times just like this. Having to go from holding it over-full so sloshing sounds can be heard to pushing everything out to the point of turning blue in the face just struck me as something from a sit-com.
That's all I know for now. Guess I will need to call my ob/gyn sometime next week and see he has any comment about my pretty pictures.
Drawing in Public Draws People to You
I had taken my drawing tools with me so I could do something productive while waiting. My first wait station was in the Admitting lobby on the first floor. Me pulling out my pad and pencils and beginning to draw caused an older man to begin a conversation with me. First he asked if I was drawing something without looking at it. Responding with a yes, he then began to tell me about his daughter, who could do the same thing, she could just pick up drawing materials and begin drawing. I did tell him the idea in my head did not always come out on the paper the way I had seen it in my head. We continued to share information back and forth. He's was a retired plumber and was waiting for his brother who was there for some tests. At one point he had gone to find his brother but could not find him. So he was waiting for his brother to find him in the lobby. His daughter had won a variety of scholarships for her art but just wanted to scribble instead. Jeeze, wish I had been able to have gotten even one art scholarship for school! After I ponder on it a bit I think the daughter does not want to lose her love for art, something that can definitely happen when you get into the 'business' of art.
Evil Post Office
Will have to get to that nasty story later.
Musing
Just sent the 3rd beta back to Talon so the 2nd chapter of First Heat can get posted. I added a surprise, I put the pic snippet next to the text it is illustrating!
Crossing fingers and toes Talon's koi gets a job SOON. Or it will be time to hunt down the country music and kill it.
I ended up napping twice today so I still have not gotten to loading software. I better do it tonight before hitting the hay, or I will have to wait until Friday evening. I think I need to go to sleep now instead of trying to start something new. I need all the rest I can get and my eyes are telling me it is time to become one with the pillow.
Thanks: --> to Lia, my sensei, who has inspired me to draw again. I
wouldn't be doing this without your support, Domo Arigato!
--> to Talon, for sending me her fabulous fics, inspiring me with her writing to draw my first
illustration for a story and actually liking what I drew.
--> to Dasia, for her words of encouragement when drawing her original chara.
--> to Joules, a wonderful epic fic writer, for liking my art enough to want to post them with Talon's
and her own stories.
--> to Lutra, the other half of the epic team, for being so supportive.
--> to Jacque' & Becca Raddittzu, we met on eBay as bidder and sellers and now we are face-to-face
friends. You showed us the real DBZ with your fansubs. It's all your fault the house is full of
doujinshi! *LOL*